Hoist The Sails at Naleia Sailing Course
Our meeting point is Marina Sukosan near Zadar. Zadar Airport (ZAD) lies 5km away from the Marina Dalmacija in Sukosan, therefore is the closest one. It will take about 15 minutes to get from the airport to the marina. Please remember the following:
- Before the check-in day your skipper will email you and your crew to coordinate the very details of the first day and agree on the exact meeting point. Upon arrival you will recognize the yacht you will sail on by the Naleia Yachting flags.
- Check-in hour: 16h00. It would be great if you could arrive to the marina before 16h00 to have enough time to provision the yacht together with your crew. Later arrivals are allowed if you don`t have another choice. Your crew will do the shopping for you, so be considerate and bring them a little thank-you present. Sweets from your home country work best ;). We leave the marina usually on Sunday morning, after the breakfast, and after the safety briefing.
- Check-out hour: 09h00 on the last day of the trip (usually Saturday). Often, we arrive back to the marina already one day before the check-out (usually Friday). We go out to share a dinner in the city and spend the last night on the boat talking long into the night.
“Naleia Sailing Course” Route
Only 5 people per boat!
⛵ 7 nights sailing,
☸️ professional skipper,
🏨 bed linen, towels, end cleaning,
🏄 SUP board and dinghy,
🔒 trustful damage deposit,
💎 travel insurance.
💰 cashbox contribution ca. 120 € pp (food, port fees, fuel),
Departure: Sukosan Marina.
Nearest Airport: Zadar Airport (ZAD), Split Airport (SPU).
Check Dates & Prices
Talk To Us*
*To sail at other dates; to organize a private trip; to get in touch.
naleia Sailing Course
The Naleia Sailing Course course is built on the basis of the Royal Yachting Association
Day Skipper course with extensions which we consider important. We explain the theory and give you a chance to practice the manoeuvres which cause most problems to fresh sailors and young skippers. We are happy to share our knowledge and best practices which we learnt ourselves. Prepare for a lot of drilling and hands-on practice time.
Expectations: pre-course experience: 3-4 weeks sailing; assumed knowledge: RYA Competent Crew Level or equivalent; minimum age: 21; awarded certificate: none; sea miles confirmation: on request.
Course content: mooring, anchoring, manoeuvring in a port, mooring at a buoy, night passage making, navigation, spinnaker usage, sails trimming, possibly heavy weather sailing and the social side of skippering.
Ability after the course: able to moor in calm weather at a pier, dock, buoy, able to setup watches system and keep the log, able to navigate at night, able hoist and use spinnaker together with the crew, is aware of the social dynamics of the group and is prepared to lead it.
The fastest way of getting from the airport to the marina is to take a taxi. It will take you directly for the price of around 100-250kuna (15-25€).
SHUTTLE + LOCAL BUS
Take the shuttle that stops in front of the airport and goes to Zadar. (20 minutes, 3.5€). Get off on the Zadar Main Bus station. Take the local bus to Sukosan. (20minutes, 2€). Zadar to Sukosan bus timetable here. Tell the driver you want to get off at Marina Dalmacija.
Marina Dalmacija, Bibinje-Sukosan 1 street, 23206 Sukosan, Croatia. Tel: +385 23 200 300
Except the booking fee there are variable additional costs which you should budget for. Additional costs highly depend on the way you and your crew want to spend the trip. These costs are only to be paid upon arrival. A volunteer from your crew will handle all the boat expenses.
Additional costs cover:
- Food: groceries, group restaurant bills, drinking water for the yacht, food for the skipper (ca 70% of the total)
- Yacht running costs: marina fees and diesel fuel (ca 20% of the total)
- Various: national park entrance fees, water taxis (ca 10% of the total)
The Organizational Process
- Before you book: make sure this sort of social sailing experience is for you. Read more about our trips on our website: The Concept, Living On the Yacht, Yacht Life Rules, watch our photos, or videos, or fill our Expectations Checker.
- Booking: once you decide to book, go to: www.naleiayachting.com/book-now/ and follow the instructions on screen. If you are joining with a friend, create two separate bookings and write in the designated field that you want to share a cabin or be on the same yacht. If you book more than 40 days in advance you will pay only 50% of the booking fee to save your spot.
- Confirmations: Once you made the booking you will immediately receive an email with a confirmation and your invoice. We will send you a useful packing checklist to help you know what to take, best advice is to travel light!
- Balance payment: you will be automatically reminded to pay the balance (second 50% of the booking fee). No worries 🙂
- Before the check-in day: around 1 week before the departure your skipper will send you and your crew an email to connect the people and coordinate the check-in day. Upon arrival you will recognize the yacht you will sail on by the Naleia Yachting flags.
- Check-in: it would be great if you could be in the marina on the check-in day before 16h00. That should give enough time to provision the yacht and share a welcome dinner somewhere in the city in a comfortable pace. Late arrivals are accepted but need to be compensated to the crew with some local sweets from your home 😉
- Leaving the marina: usually we leave the marina only on the day after the check-in. There is so much to do on the check-in that rushing the departure kills the
- Coming back to the marina: we usually come back to the port on the day before the check-out day and have a dinner together. We still sleep on the boats! Note: sometimes, if the crew and the boat owner agrees, we come back to the marina very early on the check-in day.
- Check-out: the usual check-out time is 09h00 in the morning, which is when we need to leave the boats.
- After the trip: you receive an email asking you to review the trip you participated in, as well as an email to a photo-sharing server so that you can exchange memories with the other crew members.
Most Frequent Questions
WHEN CAN I CHECK-IN ON THE FIRST DAY AND WHEN DO WE ARRIVE TO MARINA ON THE LAST DAY?
Check-ins are always on Saturdays at 14h00-16h00. Our yacht will be being cleaned at this moment, so we will need to wait a little. In the meantime you will meet your crew and prepare week`s shopping list for the grocery shopping. That is why it is good to arrive not later than the check-in time. We leave the port next morning (Sunday) after breakfast.
On Friday, the last day, we arrive at our marina in the afternoon: 15h00-18h00. We can still spend the last night on the boat. We will have captains dinner on the last night, which means that it would be great if you stay with us for that evening. We need to check-out and leave the yachts before 09h00 on Saturday morning.
WHO WILL BE ON MY YACHT?
Around 50% of the people who come to my sailing holidays are coming solo. 25% in groups of 2 and 25% in the group of 3 and more. As there is a few yachts I take special care in matching people to the crews. I even wrote a little blog post about that: Matching Yacht Crews for Sailing Holidays
WHAT DOES THE EXACT ITINERARY LOOK LIKE?
At Naleia we plan as we go according to the weather conditions and all crews` moods. There are a variety of places that we can visit, but the order and exact choice is only made each morning after verifying the weather conditions. Leave planning at home! We live for the moment!