Friendly and fun-loving, exotic and tropical, cultured and historic, Thailand radiates a golden hue from its glittering temples and tropical beaches to the ever-comforting Thai smile.
Sailing Region: Phuket, Andaman Sea
Rich cultural heritage, impressive and healthy cuisine and a smile on each face is the visiting card of Thais. No wonder though! Living in a region where tropical vegetation meets white sandy beaches, limestone cliffs and ever clear water must have it`s impact. Pleasant air temperature all year around, fresh fruits and magical sunsets add to the whole lifestyle. In the end it`s called the pearl of the Andaman.
Phuket`s region is the bluest water and cleanest sand in the entire Andaman Sea Coast. But why is it so vodka-clear year after year? It`s a weather anomaly really. `Monsoon` is usually a word associated with bad feelings when it comes to weather, but when it comes to creating clear water, it`s a verb – a doing word. Yearly southwest monsoonal winds (April – October) give the region it`s mandatory shower.
- Average yearly temperature ranges between 27*C and 29*C.
- In Thailand it is illegal to leave your house without underwear on.
- Thailand is the world`s largest exporter of rice.
- Thailand`s coastline is 3219km long.
- Thailand is a constitutional monarchy (just like England).
- Bangkok once had dozens of canals and it`s buildings stood on wooden poles (just like in Amsterdam). Most have now been filled.
- Bangkok`s real name is: `Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahinthara Ayuthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Piman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit.`
- 90% of Thai people are Buddhists.
- Thais must keep their head lower than that of anyone older or more important than them.
- It is illegal to drive shirtless in Thailand.
- The word `Thailand` means `land of the free`.